Sometimes the best approach is to simply take your hands (or your mind or your comments or your involvement) off of the controls and just let the situation continue it's natural course and usually it will somehow right itself to normal, stable level flight. Or... sometimes it won't. And we have to learn to be okay with that.
When David, my son, was about 4, he began telling us about his dreams. We had never discussed dreams with him simply because it just hadn't come up yet. But we had talked about wishes. Wishes were things that hadn't really happened yet, but they might. Wishes could be good or bad; but usually they … Continue reading Wishes
Options. aka Choices. We face them every day. Options of speech, options of behavior, options of fast food places, and options of attitude. I’ve been learning about other options lately. Options in the stock market. Kind of a hobby of mine. Here’s that I’ve learned so far. Options are risky. Options are unpredictable. Options can … Continue reading Options – Life Options
101 Ways to Save Money and Live Better is provided for one purpose and one purpose only! TO CHANGE YOUR THINKING. You thought I was going to say, “To save you money,” didn’t you?You will save money by using these ideas. You might even save a lot of money. But…Until you change your thinking about … Continue reading 101 Ways to Save Money and Live Better
What is the most important thing you must contribute to your own success? It is the burning and prevailing desire to make that success happen with your business. Desire is the beginning of all achievement. Without desire there is no change. These days if you have a phone and an internet connection you can be … Continue reading Personal Desire – The Pilot of Your Success
Where Does It All Go? Let's follow a typical meal through your digestive tract and circulatory system. When you eat your food, digestion begins immediately as you chew and add salivary digestive enzymes. This is followed by a host of other enzymes that further breakdown your food in your stomach. When your food is sufficiently … Continue reading Carbohydrates and High Cholesterol
How Did We Get Here? In 1985 the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute through its National Cholesterol Education Program advised us to cut fat and cholesterol intake and replace the calories with "healthy whole grains." This advice and subsequent proliferation of wheat products in the American diet coincides precisely with the beginning of the … Continue reading High Carb+Low Fat= A Fat Nation
I’ve got a special announcement today. Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint, has a brand new book out called The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation It’s a practical, action-oriented guide for how to eat, exercise and live Primally – a step-by-step, “cut to the chase” resource to make a smooth and quick transition … Continue reading Introducing: The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation
Wheat Yes that common, everyday thing you have in your breadbox. Doesn't matter if it's white, whole wheat, multi-grain or sour dough it's still wheat. Why does wheat tend to help you gain weight? Well the answer lies in the chemistry of the wheat itself and it's reaction with your digestive system. But first let's … Continue reading Why Does Wheat Make You Store Fat?
Adelle Davis said, "You are what you eat." Truer words were never spoken. What you eat will comprise 80% of how you look, feel, and age. Exercise, genes, good or bad luck will take care of the remaining 20%. INSULIN Where does it come from? & What does it do? Today I want to talk … Continue reading The Science of Insulin – What Sugar and Carbohydrates do to Your Body